Here are some important tips and safety reminders from Advance Garage Door Services, Inc
. about garage doors
- Do not let children play around the garage or play with door controls.
- Always keep the moving door away from people, pets and objects until it is completely closed. Never cross the path of a moving door.
- Test the door operator monthly. The garage door must reverse on contact with a 1-1/2 inch high object on the floor. If the door doesn't stop and reverse after contact with the object, disconnect the operator and use the door manually until the operator can be replaced or repaired by Advance Garage Door Services, Inc.
- When possible, use the emergency release only when the door is closed. Use caution when using this release with the door open. Weak or broken springs are capable of increasing the rate of door closure and can cause severe injury or death.
- Keep garage doors properly balanced. An improperly balanced door increases the risk of severe injury or death. Have Advance Garage Door Services, Inc. make repairs to cables, spring assemblies, and other hardware.